- 1996 : The Australian Elvis Tribute Show is born and as they say in showbiz, (the rest is history) Dean Vegas starts promoting his show across Australia.
- 1997 : Towards the end of 97 Dean joined the show and entertainment department at Warner Bros Movie World on the Gold Coast.Showcasing his talents as an Elvis Tribute Artist, Dean performed three times a day and also presented at many functions and special events outside of Movie World. As Dean’s profile and popularity grew, his fan base began to significantly increase by his dynamic shows throughout Clubs and venues across Queensland.
- 1998 : Dean tours Indonesia as part of the American Legends Show. This 30 day tour was performed in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali. It was estimated that over 100,000 people watched this spectacular SHOW!
- 2000 :Helensvale Bowls Club provided sponsorship for Dean to compete in the world’s largest Elvis Festival. With a field of almost 100 competitors Dean took out 1st place and the title “World No 1 Elvis Tribute Artist”. This provided media frenzy and Dean’s win was publicised Canada wide. Among the many fans and media congratulating Dean were honorary guests including Elvis’ original drummer DJ Fontana and tour manager and long-time friend, Jo Esposito. Many were impressed with Dean’s likeness to the King of Rock, thus Dean was also given the prestigious “E Award”. This honour is only presented to artists who most accurately depict The King and is awarded and voted on by the other competitors!It was around this time that Dean became “The First Official Elvis Marriage Celebrant” in Australia.
- 2001 : With Dean now a highly recognised performer, invitations came flooding in for live shows, guest appearances and TV offers. Among these Dean was invited to Memphis as an honorary guest at the Elvis Memorial Dinner that was held at the famous Peabody Hotel.
- 2002 – 2003 : The next couple of years provided Dean with a hectic schedule which included winning the title of Best Australian Tribute Artist at the Wintersun Rock and Roll Awards. Touring has become a way of life with regular trips interstate as well as overseas. Places include Las Vegas, Bali, Indonesia, Canada and Memphis.Dean has appeared in numerous TV commercials and radio shows and continues to WOW audiences with his Vegas style show.
- 2004 : With a strong and dedicated fan base Dean had the opportunity to run for Mayor of the Gold Coast City. Dean received almost 25,000 votes within a 10 week campaign. The campaign was a strong and honest one and had overwhelming support from a diverse section of the community. Dean’s passion, warmth and the ability to listen to the people strengthened not only his fans but introduced many people to a talented artist who understands the difficulties facing communities.
- 2005 : Dean was booked as the Headlining act at the Penticton Pacific Northwest Elvis Festival Canada. During this spectacular performance, Dean was privileged to have Mr DJ Fontana on drums, (Elvis’ original drummer).While on this tour, Dean was invited to perform at the Collingwood Elvis festival where he was honoured to perform with the Jordaniars (Elvis’ Original Backing Vocalist).
- 2006 : Dean bravely took the challenge and WON, amongst hundreds of ETA who auditioned in Memphis to be an Elvis co-host for a TV show called Pop across America. This show was travelling across the USA and auditioning for co-hosts to represent each city.
- 2007 :Dean toured around the world including the USA, China, Bali, Sweden, Middle East, Memphis, Canada and continued performing across Australia.The highlight of 2007 was when Dean was invited to perform in Tupelo (the birth place of Elvis Presley). After another amazing performance by Dean, he was overwhelmed when he was handed the key to the city by the mayor of Tupelo. Dean was also gifted a guitar from the Tupelo Hardware Store where Elvis’ first guitar was purchased.Another WOW for Dean was when he performed with the IMPERIALS at a Gospel service in Tupelo. This ICONIC GOSPEL GROUP backed Elvis in the 70’s.
- 2008 – 2010 : In this period, Dean has also performed with the World renowned Sweet Inspirations, Elvis’ Female backing singers in the 70’s. On one of Deans many tours to Canada, he had the opportunity to perform with the famous and talented JORDANAIRES (Elvis original backing singers in the 50’s & 60’s). http://www.jordanaires.net/Dean also appeared in the movie George of the Jungle 2. Dean still continues to tour internationally and locally in Australia delivering show stopping performances every time! Dean also continues to entertain the corporate world such as the FBI International Ball, Nissan Australia, Toyota, McDonalds, Retravision and Bettery World, just to name a few!
- 2011- Dean starts taking people on overseas tours. Previous tours include Memphis, Norfolk Island, Phuket, Hawaii, China, Hunter Valley.
- 2012: Dean is invited to perform on Rock The Boat 2 out of Sydney, NSW.
For anyone wanting a wedding with a difference, Dean Vegas is also performs Elvis weddings across Australia!
Dean Vegas sang his first rendition of an Elvis song at his school play ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ he sang ‘Rubberneckin’ which was re-released in September 2003 and has since been put into Dean’s repertoire. Dean won the role of Conrad Birdie in the play. This was his first stage role EVER!
Dean’s shows offer a dynamic and powerful performance that will leave you breathless and wanting more. We will keep you posted on the latest Dean Vegas news – and to all the fans… DEAN SAYS A BIG THANK YOU!